Winter Renewal in Guatemala
4th Annual Winter Retreat / Merav Ben Horin and special guest Yotam Silberstein
Join Merav and special guest musician Yotam Silberstein for this epic yearly warm winter retreat in Guatemala! Escapee the cold winter and come recharge, renew and rejuvenate on the gorgeous grounds of Villa Sumaya situated on the shore of Lake Atitlan, surrounded by three volcanos. We will focus on restoring and centering the body and the mind.This week will be a journey to finding profound peace inside and out by connecting to nature, breath, music and movement. The retreat is perfect for beginners to the more experienced practitioners.
Villa Sumaya is built in such a loving, gentle and personal way that respects and integrates both the beautiful nature and the culture its surrounded with. The staff is diverse and extremely friendly, the food is amazing and the rooms are beautiful, spacious and comfy. Spa treatments available upon request (highly recommended).
Beyond its beautiful landscape this area of Guatemala is known for its fascinating local mayan culture and lovely handmade fabrics and crafts. In between yoga sessions you will have the chance to travel and explore the area.
This yoga retreat is open to all levels. Each practice will have a different theme that will guide you on your exploration on the mat. Our classes take place in a large spacious studio facing the lake and the mountains.
- 2 extended yoga sessions daily (morning vigorous asana practice and evening gentle restorative and pranayama)
- Sunrise pranayama and meditation
- Extra yoga classes with live healing music by world renowned musician Yotam Silbertsetin
- 7 nights accommodation at Villa Sumaya
- Day trip to Santa Cruze, a local village with beautiful views of the lake
- Day trip to San Juan la Laguna to see local craft and traditional weaving techniques
- 3 daily fresh vegetarian meals ( fish and meat optional)
- Plenty of free time for hiking, taking a swim in the lake or in the pool, dipping in the hot tub or sitting in the hammock and absorbing the gorgeous views.
What’s not included:
- Travel insurance
- Tips,extra drinks
- Airfare and ground transportation are not included, however,a private shuttle will be provided to and from the airport in Guatemala City and a private boat from Panajachel to Villa Sumaya.
Optional & available for additional fee:
- Day trip to other villages around the lake
- Day trip to Chi Chi market
- Climbing San Pedro Volcano
- Bird Watching tour
- Coffee tour
- Amazing spa treatments
- Shaman protection ceremony
- Single $2135
- Double $1635
- Triple $1450
How to get there?
Take any flight to Guatemala City. If you wish to visit Antigua before or after the retreat we can help you arrange that as well as the transfer from Antigua to Villa Sumaya. The shuttle ride from Guatemala City Airport to Villa Sumaya is about 3 hours. The shuttle ride from Guatemala city to Antigua is about 40 minutes and from Antigua to Villa Sumaya about 2 hours.