Yoga & Wellbeing Retreat in Southwest France
Join Merav for a week of movement, stillness, art, culture, and nature in Chateau de Bardouly – a charming 17th century country estate in Southwest France ( outside the city of Bergerac which lies between the bigger cities of Bordeaux and Toulouse in the Dordogne region).
The residence and park are the essence of stillness and seclusion, making it a perfect place for yoga, hiking, meditation, and deep relaxation!
Bardouly is a warm, inviting family home. Bardouly’s decor combines an exquisite collection of antiques with original modern artwork. The grounds include a heated swimming pool, hard surface tennis court and 100 acres of protected woodland. Castles, medieval villages, and historical sites dot the surrounding countryside. The region also offers many outdoor activities, world famous vineyards, restaurants, and music.
Our yoga classes will take place in the beautiful 800 square foot indoor yoga studio as well as in the outdoor wooden platform. All mats, blankets, blocks, and straps will be provided.
We will have two daily classes: early flow in the morning and a more gentle and restorative practice in the evening including breathwork and meditation. Each day will have a different theme and focus. In some of our classes we will explore and practice writing and journaling as an additional tool for cultivating ease, meaning, focus, and relaxation post movement and meditation.
More about the area:
Chateau de Bardouly is located in the beautiful Dordogne region which has the greatest number of UNESCO world heritage sites outside of the paris region, and is commonly referred to as the land of “1001 castles’ ‘. It is perhaps best known for the prehistoric cave paintings at Lascaux and Font de Gaume. In addition, the Dordogne river is not only UNESCO listed as one of the cleanest and biodiverse rivers in Europe, but it also offers the opportunity for kayaking, canoeing, and SUP.
The Dordogne is known as the food capital of France with many specialty products here and the plethora of Michelin starred restaurants. It straddles the Bordeaux and Bergerac wine regions, many of the appellations known throughout the world.
- 7 nights accommodations in Chateau de Bardouly ( all bedrooms have with ensuite bath/shower rooms with luxury shampoo, conditioner, and soaps)
- Quiet places for reading, relaxing and socializing.
- 3 gourmet meals per day made by a trained french chef (biodynamic farm to table)
- Coffee, tea, and fruite between meals
- Two yoga classes daily ( a morning vigorous practice and evening gentle and restorative)
- Heated saltwater swimming pool
- Hard surface tennis court
- Lawn for croquet boules court, badminton, and table tennis
- 100 acres of grounds for hiking, running, and biking
- Trip to the medieval village of Issigeac for the local market on Sunday
- Wine tasting
- Trip to Saint Emilion
- Fire pit for sitting around at night
- Water cooler
- Free wifi
- Plenty of free time for hiking around the property, spending time in nature, and absorbing the magic!
What’s not included
- Airfare and travel insurance
- Roundtrip from/to airport tough a shuttle will be organized for the group for those who want to arrive together
- Tips, extra drinks
- Extra trips (suggestions for extra trips will be offered in the final itinerary and transportation will be organized for those who are interested)
€2500 per person in a double room
Space is limited! Early registration is highly recommended! €600 non refundable deposit required to reserve your spot.
Payment can be done in u.s dollars based on the current euro exchange rate at the day of payment via paypal, cash or check.
Payment and cancellation policy:
A deposit of €600 is required to reserve your spot.The remaining balance will be due 60 days prior to departure.
If cancellation takes place more than 60 days prior to our departure date any payments made will be refunded minus your deposit. If cancellation takes place between 30-45 days prior to our departure, 50% of the trip price will be forfeited. If cancellation takes place less than 30 days prior to our departure date, 100% of the trip price will be forfeited.
For more information and registration email email@example.com